Do I need HD valve springs?

When I did the motor swap in my '84, I installed my Autotech 268 cam.  I
checked the valve clearences, and everything checked out fine.  I
installed my Neuspeed cam gear, and I have my timing advanced about 5
degrees.  But I get some wierd noise while accelerating, almost like a
chain being drug across the ground.  I've heard that a hot cam need
heavy duty valve springs, but I still have my stock springs.  Am I doing
anything bad to my motor, and should I upgrade to better springs?

Another question, I upgraded to the G60 rubber valve cover gasket, and I
installed the replacement studs.  Somehow the stud closest to the cam
gear, on the back of the head, stripped in the head (actually I think
the head threads stripped), and I'm getting a slow oil leak down the
back of my motor.  Any easy fix?

Thanks,
Nate
'81