16valves of bliss

Well, here's a rundown of my long weekend. If you can't stand the boredom=
,
just hit delete now.
Saturday: Steal the car from the dealer's and clean the crud my son left =
in
the garage so I don't slip and kill myself; finding tools is good too. Wa=
shed
the beast.
Sunday: Replace wires, big, fat wires. Coil-head/alt-starter/negative
term-frame/positive terminal-starter. Lots of insulation gashes/electrica=
tape/ corrosion, and on one, massive scorching. Not a good thing. Oh, and=
 add
the missing negative-tranny wire that started the project. And permanentl=
mount the relay mess for the headlights. And a general solder and fix any=
thing
questionable looking and clean up the engine bay, looks much better. =

Then (finally) install the right bolts at the bottom of the front struts =
and
mount the new wheels and Dunlop SP8000's. Alignment is getting done ASAP.=
 (it
was a good car, so it got some jewelery)
And some "test drives" thrown in there, LOL. =3D:O
Monday: some more "test driving", and new Mobil 1, "test drive", add some=

water wetter, "test drive",  rewire the stereo, "test drive" and figure o=
ut
the problem with the headlight switch (an easy fix) And install the new (=
used)
H1 for fun.
Overall impressions? Well, faster and happier than before the wiring, it
starts really easy, and I wished Jim was here to play a game of "German
engineers I'd like to slap" , that under the airbox ground is a joy, I th=
ink I
had half the engine apart. And what's with two bolts to hold it down, lik=
e,
where is it going? (I did manage to wash the "other" car too)

So for those who are frustrated, stick it out, the joy of blowing down th=
road like the wind itself is worth it. Sorry I was so down last week, hey=
, it
happens. And I'd LIKE to say I didn't speed. Well, maybe once...
Cathy, now with a genuine headache, mainly from grinning too much ;P