Front strut housing re-assembly?

I'm assembling the front struts on my Scirocco that I
got from Geoff at Solo Specialties (thanks Geoff!),
and I'm not sure about the "correct" way to tighten
the cap on the strut tube (looks like Geoff called it
a "gland" nut in his notes?). He recommends 100lbs of
torque or more. Is there a special tool I should be
using for this? It has four notches around the top
that I'm sure are the appropriate interface to some
sort of tool. I'd rather not muck it all up with
channel locks or some other hacked method, especially
since I just painted it. :)

Neal

=====
~Neal