[OT] new vehicle weights

I doubt it since all VW wants know overweight cars
that need all that luxury.  The Jetta is smaller than
most competitors and it is still the heaviest.  I
think it is even heavier than the WRX with AWD.  VW
doesn't have plans for a light weight sports coupe
since they probably see a bigger earning market with
an SUV and Pheaton.
I think the reason that the Echo is so light is that a
base model has nothing on it no AC/PS/PW, that it
gives it lighter weight.  Its probably not as save as
the Mini too.  My .02 cents
--- Kareem <6keb1@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:
> I recently had to drive one of those god-awful
> looking
> Toyota Echos and was surprised at the nimbleness of
> the car. It felt a lot like my Mk1 but with 20 more
> horsepower, though with none of the soul.. I guess
> it shouldn't have
> been a surprise since the curb weight is 2020 lbs!
> How did they do that in a modern chassis??? The car
> is bigger than a Lupo or Mini but weighs several
> hundred pounds less.
> Will we ever see such a light weight product from
> VW...and in a coupe
> format (not econo-box sedan/hatch)??? I'll be
> driving Sciroccos until that
> happens.
>
> Kareem
> 1981 Scirocco S