It's alive!

Today, at 3:30pm May 15 2002, a major milestone was crossed. After 2 days of
work, Daun and I got the 1981 16v conversion to run!  It turns out the
problem from earlier this afternoon was a bad distributor.  I had two, and
both were junk.  So we swapped one on from Brian McGarvey's 16v that is
being stored for the moment in my driveway.  On the first try, she fired up.
  Boy is it loud with about 3-4 inches of downpipe!

There's still a LOT of work to do before it's on the road, but there is
light at the end of the tunnel!  Look out Ben Harder...   we'll see who's
16v is faster!!!

Julie Macfarlane
(Web Developer)
Albany NY