(ot) insurance ?

a couple of moths ago i had my '88 gti 16v t-boned by a truck with a plow on
it. car was totalled. his insurance company didn't want to pay for it so we
took them to court. yesterday they settled for $3800, pretty good
considering i only paid $1500 for the car, but today they siad it will take
3 to 4 weeks for me to get the check! is this right? anyone know? i thought
it would only take a couple of days. not that i'm bitching, just curious.

btw- on a side note i slipped the timing belt on my honda last night, so the
incredible $200 rocco has been pressed into daily duties. ever have one of
those years where everything seems to go wrong?
   brett