OT Beatle, old one

Mark,
I was down in Baja last year and they had these as rental cars all over the
place.
I don't think they were actual Beetle convertibles in the German sense
(like the ones sold in the US in the 70's).
I've got a pic somewhere I'll dig up and post.
It looked like they were originally sedans and the tops (actually the
entire rear section behind the driver) were cut off.
Frankly it looks like the SoCal bug look (read: hot summer day, bored,
sabre saw with lots of new blades, bug sedan, a couple Coronas) 8^0.
It WAS a blast to drive around in in that 100*+ weather tho' and it had
lots of umphhhhh!

Welcome back Mark!!!

Randy
www.myscirocco.org