new crap was:clutch problem solved..

well (obsenities),
     went to get a renewed registration and inspection today, and as i pull
into the mechanic's parking lot the gears stop working.  pop the hood to
find that the plastic sheath of the clutch cable has split open and bunched
up.  not a big deal, i have another one at the house (quick replacement and
im on the road right?). wrong, i get it going but first and reverse will not
stay in and second is really slow starting off. the shifting is really
sloppy and the shifter feels extremely loose, almost as if the linkages
arent even connected (although they appear to be when inspected)
drivetrain's not my only trouble though.  when i push the gas it hesitates a
second, and sputters alot.  if i try to put it in gear and start normally
(pushing gas and releasing clutch at the same time) the engine sputters,
bogs down, and dies.
i love my rocco, but this is making me really depressed.  i hope i get this
figured out soon, since it is stuck in the kfc parking lot now.

tony