beating a vw

The scientific reasoning for this is that the seals and bearings in a motor
will actually work better when used on a regular basis.  Along with beating
on the car the others that you mentioned with low mileage had very low
mileage and would indicate less driving overall not just less hard driving
which would cause not only the seals to be less pliable but also have less
lubrication on the working parts (like rings).  Other than that, you can
also make the argument that German cars are engineered for the high speeds
of the autobahn which may make them tougher when it comes to a good beating.
My opinion!

Dave