bolts for mounting motor to engine stand?

Whatever fits. :)

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember my G60 block
used M12 bolts with 1.5mm thread pitch. Something like
that anyway. Since it's the transmission bell housing
bolts we're talking about here, I'd guess any
watercooled VW block would use the same.
On my engine stand, I needed something like 80mm or
90mm long bolts b/c the engine stand "ears" have short
tubes welded to them to help support the bolts. The
actual tranny bolts weren't long enough.

I took one of the transmission mounting bolts with me
to PepBoys, who had tons of bulk nuts & bolts. Cost
abuot $.90 each or something.

Neal

--- Jorel Jackson <jorel140@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have recently aquired a second 16v engine block
> from
> another lister. I now have an engine mount as well.
> What kind of bolts should I use to mount it to the
> engine stand?
>
> =====
> Jorel Jackson
> web site:  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/