Can someone explain -- transmission flipping

Ok, so with all this egine relocation talk, could someone explain how you
get the transmission to perform the same duty if you flip it backwards.

What internal parts have to be changed to get it to run in the right
direction? Would this be a fairly simple (and I use the term simple losely
here) procedure?

I haven't seen a transmissions guts, but logistics would say that you flip
the thing at the end of the driving shaft to get a reversed rotation?

TIA,
Tobias