high mileage question

>>>  I'm contemplating buying an 87 16V Scirocco. It seems to
>>>  be in pretty
>>>  good shape body wise. Only one downside, its got 184,000
>>>  on the ODO.
>>>  Its bone stock. Any ideas how many more miles I can
>>>  expect out of
>>>  this thing before it kicks the bucket?

I Bought my Roc with 173,000 miles on it, It was in great shape, but I knew
the engine was abused and in need of rebuild asap. They are not expensive to
rebuild if needed and they do run forever if properly maintained. My
girlfriend has a 87 golf GTI with over 220,000 (the odometer broke comming
home from Alaska 2years ago) and it is still on the road and very
dependable.
TLC will take you a long way with these cars.