Uh-oh (cracks in front crossmember)...

I had this problem with my black car. I could have fixed it, I suppose,
but it looked like a PITA, and besides my brother bent the frame in front
of the wheels by balancing said car on it front left corner in a ditch, so
I just swapped everything over into a better shell (although not quite as
good as I would have liked, actually... someday I'll have a rust-free A1
chassis VW). I would say that if the rest of the body is good, then get it
fixed. If there are other major problems with the shell, then get another
one.
	-Josiah