Uh-oh (cracks in front crossmember)...

Benjamin Harder wrote:

> I would recommend welding the cracks and then welding in a plate (about
> 2-3mm thick) over that area where the front mount actually bolts to.

Here are some shots of what Ron did to my car after the cracks were welded
up...

<http://www.deco.net/klc/mvc-507s.jpg>
<http://www.deco.net/klc/mvc-509s.jpg>
<http://www.deco.net/klc/mvc-511s.jpg>
<http://www.deco.net/klc/mvc-512s.jpg>

The "commercial" version of the bar will be very similar but with a bolt-on
arrangement for the ends that allows modular brackets for each A1 model, so
that a single bar design will work with all A1's.  Ron and Mike are
definitely committed to bring this to market, but Ron is one busy mofo and
this may still be on his back burner.  I'll see Mike in the next day or
so and will ask him what's up and see if he can light a fire under Ron's
ass.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA