[Re: financial tally on our cars]

--=====================_7799805==_.ALT

At 09:40 PM 5/2/2002, Cathy Boyko wrote:

>Oh shut up, I resemble that remark

lol!

>But I don't regret one
>dime, and do consider it an investment, in my happiness, not in a financial
>sense.

US$23,000 and counting.  And neither do I.

>  On a tangent though, how much has the list saved you in time and money?

Well, just put it this way:
When I first got the Scirocco, it would never start when cold.  3 weeks of=
=20
diagnostics and a $1200 bill later, the local VW shop was unable to find=20
the problem.  I needed the car, and told them I would bring it back in a=20
few weeks -- and would pay them for the diagnostics once they fixed the=20
problem (and not before).  Joined the list, asked a question.  Got a=20
response 15 minutes later saying "Ground Wire".  Spent $15 at Pep Boys, and=
=20
the problem was fixed.  Needless to say, I never went back to pay.

Jason

----------
1987 Scirocco 2.0 16v
1994 Golf 4dr VR6
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport 2.0 (Euro-Spec)

http://www.scirocco16v.org

"In the olden days, a good flame war could go on for weeks or months, with=
=20
hot invective flying around like rhetorical shrapnel. It was high art, high=
=20
entertainment. Though tempers flared hot and professional bridges were=20
sometimes irreparably burned, ultimately it was a game =97 a participatory=
=20
sport in which the audience awarded points for felicitous disparagements,=20
particularly well-worded putdowns, inspired squelches."  -- Christopher=20
Locke, "The Cluetrain Manifesto".

"So yes, the LSD works, sort of like ABS in forward without the foot=20
vibrator..." - Cathy Boyko

--=====================_7799805==_.ALT

At 09:40 PM 5/2/2002, Cathy Boyko wrote:<br><br>
lol!<br><br>
dime, and do consider it an investment, in my happiness, not in a
financial<br>
sense.</blockquote><br>
US$23,000 and counting.&nbsp; And neither do I.<br><br>
has the list saved you in time and money?</blockquote><br>
Well, just put it this way:<br>
When I first got the Scirocco, it would never start when cold.&nbsp; 3
weeks of diagnostics and a $1200 bill later, the local VW shop was unable
to find the problem.&nbsp; I needed the car, and told them I would bring
it back in a few weeks -- and would pay them for the diagnostics once
they fixed the problem (and not before).&nbsp; Joined the list, asked a
question.&nbsp; Got a response 15 minutes later saying &quot;Ground
Wire&quot;.&nbsp; Spent $15 at Pep Boys, and the problem was fixed.&nbsp;
Needless to say, I never went back to pay.<br><br>
Jason<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
1987 Scirocco 2.0 16v <br>
1994 Golf 4dr VR6<br>
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport 2.0 (Euro-Spec)<br><br>
&quot;In the olden days, a good flame war could go on for weeks or
months, with hot invective flying around like rhetorical shrapnel. It was
high art, high entertainment. Though tempers flared hot and professional
bridges were sometimes irreparably burned, ultimately it was a game =97 a
participatory sport in which the audience awarded points for felicitous
disparagements, particularly well-worded putdowns, inspired
squelches.&quot;&nbsp; -- Christopher Locke, &quot;The Cluetrain
Manifesto&quot;.<br><br>
&quot;So yes, the LSD works, sort of like ABS in forward without the foot
vibrator...&quot; - Cathy Boyko <br>