Tranny/Clutch issue

The little splined lever inside the gearbox case that actuates the clutch
push rod on my rocco broke the other day.  I'm not sure what the part is
called (neither was the dealership), but it is on the shaft that has the
clutch cable lever on it.  I ordered the part ($15 + shipping) however I am
not sure if installing it is possible without a workshop and tools I don't
have.  On either side of it, there are snap rings that are not compatable
with my snap ring tool.  If anyone has replaced this part before, please let
me know what is involved.

Thanks

Ben
85 8v