From: Mike Blain [mailto:rept@qwest.net]=20
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 6:17 AM
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Financial tally on our cars!

I just did a solid tally on the expenditures of tuning my car in the=20
three years Ive had it.  It includes everything spent from initial=20
purchase excluding state lisencing fees and standard petroleum product=20
consumption.   Basically, I could have just gone out and bought a new=20
jetta with some extras on it- maybe even the wolfsburg if I haggled=20
right.  I expected to be in the teens but not the high teens.  This=20
brings me to wonder how many others are acutely aware of how deep they=20
are into their rocc projects (singular, per car tally)?

At this point im asking myself what the hell im doing and why? I mean I=20
love cars- but im dumping money into a vehicle that can be had for the=20
cost of a nice vacuum cleaner. And, im thinking I should have maybe=20
jumped into a project that would actually pay for itself like a 70-71=20
cuda 340 or 440 sixpack.

So the question stands: How much and why- to my fellow listers.