My exhaust is driving me nuts!

I spent 2 freakin' hours last night crawled up under my car trying to find
the source of a horrid rattle/vibration noise coming from my exhaust. And of
course, it's still there.

I did notice that one of the hangers for my TT exhaust is broken. This could
be the cause, but I can't tell where it's rubbing because it only rattles
when I'm driving, it won't do it when I'm sitting still and revving.

I was whacking on case of my Flowmaster pretty hard right after I got it to
try and get things fit better. Could I have knocked something loose on the
inside of it?

Also, it seems like the exhaust itself doesn't really fit right... anyone
else had a problem with this before? The piping in the tunnel is situated
too far to the left (where I think it's really rubbing cause it's so close
to the heat shield), but the muffler sits too far to the right side (causing
the place that installed the exhaust to bend my rear valence to make room
for the tailpipe!).

Thinking about buying another exhaust just so I can have a correctly fitting
one, right after spending $200 on this one from TT, pisses me off...

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus
(505) 821-4800