(OT) Corrado seat belt fix?

I'm working on a '90 G60 that's dying after just a few minutes (10-20) of
sitting.  I replaced the alternator because it was only putting out
12.2v.  The regulator was worn down quite a bit and the shaft was loose.
The used one I installed is running @ 13.40-13.50v, with nothing else on
and the battery reads 12.92-13.03 at the same time.

With that outta the way, the car still won't start after sitting a while.
 I remember 2 people with Corrados telling me that the drivers side seat
belt would keep running after the car was off, thus killing the battery
enough to keep it from starting.  I popped the rear interior cover off
and with the door shut, and the seat belt in the back position, I
unplugged the motor.  I just got done with this so it's yet to be tested.

MY QUESTION:
Anyone know if there was a fix for this or did VW just install a new
assembly?

Thanks,
Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!"