Is my head ok?

--=======3ED17765=======

At 12:57 AM 3/31/02 -0500, Kervin wrote:

>I cleaned my engine with a power washer a few months ago.  Now I see a
>small amount of oil seeping out on the front of the engine between the
>head and the block of my JH.  This is the car that is getting an ABA.  I
>just want a little reassurance that the head will be fine to swap.
>
>--
>Kervin
>80 1.7 8v Ole Paul
>82 1.7 8v The gift
>86 1.8 8v My everyday ride
>00 tt600
>icq# 154814286
Sounds like your headgasket is leaking a bit.  Probably the pressure washing
cleaned some gunk helping to seal it, maybe?  This should have no bearing on
the head though.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.