[OT] Rally rules

Jerry, first of all are you looking to get into solo (autocross) or rally?
IThat is, do you want to dodge cones in a parking lot or trees on the side
of a dirt road? Secondly, you can buy any of the rule books from the SCCA,
itself. Head over to the website at: www.scca.org. I don't think you can
order books online, but the phone number is there. Third, where are you
located? The East and West Coast areas have lots of events but there ain't
much in the heartland (rally or otherwise!) LOL! -just kidding! Fourth, what
is your driving experience level? If you've never driven hard on loose
surfaces, you'll be much better off if you start rallycrossing. This is
rather like autocross but on dirt or snow.

Okay, so assuming that you really are a dirt dog and not one of those wierd
pavement pounder types, I will be more than happy to show you the ropes.
What kind of budget do you have? Do you intend to build your first car? I
suggest that you do not. Instead, I recommend that you buy a used rallycar
that has already been sorted out. Here's a great place to window shop:
<http://www.bensrallypage.com/forsale/forsale.html>
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut