upper strut nut question...

IME, as long as you remember to loosen the top nut before you remove the
strut from the car, it's a piece of cake. I have done it many times using an
offset ring spanner and an allen key with a piece of pipe for extra leverage
- worked every time. A few taps on the nut with a hammer & chisel will help
to loosen the thread.  If you undo the nut most of the way up the shaft
before removing the strut then it generally makes life easier. As for
removing the shock from the strut, gentle bashing with a hammer on the side
and top of the cap will also help to loosen the thread. Not too hard on the
sides mind you - going hell for leather with a 2lb mash hammer might just
distort it a bit!

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins
'85 Storm 2.0