(OT) things to say while woking on your car

--- Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- "John C. Worden" <scirocco@powerlink.net> wrote:
> > The best thing I've found is do some work on an
> American car.  Then
> > you will
> > appreciate the German engineering soooo much more.
> >

> Ooohh...I dunno.  Remember the split pulleys?
> Needed shims to adjust
> belt tension.  Not a good thing.  And no American
> car I've ever owned -
> and that's been a lot - has had such a horrific
> electrical system as VW
> (baaad grounds!).  Don't get me wrong, I love my
> dubs, have had near a
> dozen, all drivers...but reality is reality.
>
> =====
> Cheapass Ron
> "Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
> "Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale
>
> If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.

Have to agree here, American cars have always seemed
easier to work on. It goes back to WWII. The Sherman
tank was far easier to work on than the Tiger or the
Panther. But in a head-to-head match, which one would
you rather drive?

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://geocities.com/jorel140/index.html