The 2.0 Lives! (well, sort of....damn. Need a littlehelp) - long

--=====================_-84293656==_.ALT

Jeff, remember that ugly white wire I was running into the fan switch plug
that you commented about? Same thing!

Fan will run low speed all the time but better cool than toast!
-Raffi

At 09:42 AM 3/25/02 -0800, you wrote:
>you can bypass the temp switch by unpluging it and applying a high current
>(30amp) 12v source to the center positon in the plug. I "borrowed" the
>+12v I was sending to my driving lights, (read fused and relayed).
>
>It'll get you on the road anyway...
>
>Jason Adams
>Fahrvergnugen Forever!

plug that you commented about? Same thing!<br><br>
Fan will run low speed all the time but better cool than toast!<br>
-Raffi<br><br>
At 09:42 AM 3/25/02 -0800, you wrote:<br>
bypass the temp switch by unpluging it and applying a high current
(30amp) 12v source to the center positon in the plug. I
&quot;borrowed&quot; the +12v I was sending to my driving lights, (read
fused and relayed).</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
anyway...</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
Jason Adams<br>
Fahrvergnugen Forever!
<dl>
<dd>----- Original Message -----
<dd>From:</b> <a href="mailto:jtoomasson@yahoo.com";>Jeff Toomasson</a>
<dd>To:</b>
<dd>Sent:</b> Monday, March 25, 2002 9:05 AM
<dd>I kinda need to keep this short, because I need tech help and I'm short on sleep, time and feeling in my hands!</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>Before I get into the specifics - I first have to thank Raffi, Craig and most of all Tobias for sacrificing their time and energy to get my heap back to road-worthiness (especially Tobias who, in spite of his other committment (I hope Al will forgive me) kept plugging into the wee hours of this morning even when I was ready to throw in the towel. I know the beer and grub I provided them doesn't even scratch the surface of my gratitude. I hope I can be there for these guys if the opportunity arises. This list and the people on it rule!</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>But then we noticed that the coolant temp was getting exceedingly high (which is weird because I installed a low temp fan switch and thermostat). I must have been too tired because we just filled the radiator and let it run thinking the fan would come on sometime, right? Unfortunately, I ruptured a hose (I hope) somewhere near the distributor.</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>Can the fan switch plug go on reverse of the way it's supposed too? It's gotta be either that or the thermo-time switch failing, right? Anyone else have any ideas? I'm in a bad spot and need to get this car back on the road ASAP - time for trouble-shooting this is scarce....</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>Thanks,</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>JT - sorta 2.0 '86.5 16v</font>