Engine Rebuild Costs - ballpark?

Mark,

Sounds like you had fun ;-)

Already pulled the engine out of my Van and put it back in. Next time I do
it (hopefully soon) I will be installing a 2.0l 16v. Just have to make a
custom intake manifold for it; and get some ABF parts ;-)

Vanagons are cool though huh? I really like mine (except for the engine
part). At least they arent as oily and rusty as their aircooled kin.

Just out of curiosity; why did you take the engine out in the first place?

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V 'Rocco ragtop