cross drilled rotors

> Larry, who cares if the slots disappear at whatever rate?

How 'bout the person who paid large dollars for those slots?

Drilling and
> slotting is largely a bunch of snake oil, anyway.

Of course it is.  And so are 17" wheels, Zender wings, and Euro bumpers.
Hey, just how "functional" IS some of the stuff we bolt, weld, glue,
pop-rivet, and screw onto our Sciroccos, anyway?  Honestly, now...  It's the
LOOKS, man, the looks.

Cut a slot down the center
> of your pads and you'll get the effect permanently. To your point about
the
> other aspects of brake performance (like modulation and fade), you get a
lot
> more out of the experience when your pads are clamping on metal versus
air.

You are absolutely, 100% correct, my man!