mkI fenders- possible buy?

Brian Haygood wrote:

> OMG, you are kidding.  You mean there are 2 MK1's?  Can somebody clear up
> the differences here, for those of us who are academically interested?
>
> BH

Same car, there were slightly different front fenders in the 1st run.
The later type was conforming to US specs with the front blinker
becoming a wrap around type that included a side reflector.

I'll bet most all the Mk1s you've ever seen were the later type.

Lets see what pix I can find....

<http://www.scirocco.org/53>

On this very page are two pix; one of each. It's kinda tiny but they are
different.

hth,
TBerk