mkI fenders- possible buy?

just on chance, i was talking with a guy who offered me a really good price
on mkI fenders. i don't have an mkI, but i know many of you do. these would
be brand new fenders, still in the factory box. i'm not going to give a
price, because i'm not sure if this guys full of shit or not, and also i
want to know if it's worth me fronting the money. all i say is that it will
probably be as much if not a little less then you'd pay for a fender at a
scrap yard. how many people would be interested?
  hit