16v 2.0 from Passat to Rocco16v

i was contemplating the same thing for too long and my motor got away. what
i was going to do was give him $200 for the motor, ditch the 2l head and put
my 1.8l head on it, after a p&p of course. everyone said the 1.8 is the
better head anyways. i'm still kicking myself (and still looking for a 2l)
for letting that one get away. of course i don't know how much your seller
is asking, but in my case $200- $300 seemed fair to me.
  brett
p.s.- almost forgot to mention, i had a pretty good guarentee that the motor
wasn't seriously messed up from the blown headgasket