EC Articles now online: Ken Wiedmann's 1985 & the 1979 "Warhol"

Thanks to Greg for picking up the EC dates for mine and the Warhol Scirocco I, but don't forget that I also had Sport Compact in April 93 and VW Trends in June of 93.
  Just for an update on the Warhol, since Scott was asking.
  My friend Jeff loved to road race, and that is what he built his car to do.  The only problem, was that the category he built it for was GT3.  When I saw the blue Morgan getting its butt kicked at Laguna Seca in  GT3 against all the M3, 911 and Mustang crowds, we knew the Roc wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell in that class.  It was set up awesome with chasis and suspension.  He had gone even further after the article, by removing the dash and only putting essential guages in a pod, and cutting away unneccessary material (his car was originally from the North east, so it had the self lightening disease of rust going for it as well!!!!!) and basically making the car totally unstreetable.  It still had the tiny 1.8 in it, it was a punched out 1.7, and his own personally cross drilled 9.0 brakes in the front (Jeff is a mechanical engineer and would rather use 100 hours of his time to overengineer something, than to buy something proven off the shelf, that would get the j!
ob done just as well.  Damn Engineers!!!!
     He finally sold the car to someone in the Riverside area, who was going to use it as his weekend warrior car, but that was probably 4-5 years ago, and I haven't seen the car since.  Jeff is still in the San Diego area and drives a pretty stock looking G60, but he can still overengineer with the best of them.  He actually built his own seat brackets and bolted them through his floor boards, rather than buy the race seat brackets from the manufacturer.  Took him almost 1 week to make each set of brackets.  He's a kook, but a very friendly kook.
   I know what you guys are trying to do.  You're trying to get me back out of lurk mode and start contributing again.  Damn you.  And I thought my 10 step program had worked.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.