Pick and pull goodies, and some q's about the '84

In a message dated 3/20/02 5:04:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bronson@inwave.com writes:

<<  And where is a good  place to get valve shims, if I need them? >>

    I went to four places; The stealership wanted $10 a shim, next; the local
P-n-P yard had a MKII Roc, and a MKI Jetta GLI, I have their shims; the 1.6L
in my shed, should have gone there to start with; ordered an 18-shim set from
TT (I think) for still cheaper than the stealership.
  After all that, I still don't have the one shim I need, a .35mm.  Anybody
have a spare they want to swap a few shims for?

Carl
77rocco
89fox