16v roc, race wheels?

Why do you need the heavy-duty? These are autocross
race wheels, right? The heavyweight is for dirt
trackers. Get the lightweight. Something like 12-14lbs
instead...

Most serious (Hoosier-shod) VWs run 13x8, and many
have gone to 13x9. I know your 16v might require 14",
but I'd go at least 8" wide.

Neal

--- jester@westfailure.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have Hoosier 225/50/14 RS303 tires. Currently they
> are on 6 inch
> rims. Its quite a pinch.
>
> Diamond Wheel makes nice steel wheels that are 14x8,
> this seems like it
> would allow me to use the whole tire. Tire rack has
> an aluminum wheel yn
> 14x7, but they dont offer an offset like i'd need to
> run with no spacers.
>
> here are the options they have in 14x8:
> weight      Price       features
> 16.5lb      $63         standard wheel
> 24lb        $49         heavy duty strong
> 16.5        $73         tighter runout specs
>
> the tire rack option:
> borbet type T, 15 LBS, only one offset (30 IIRC,
> might work..) & $109.00
>
> Of course pricewise $49 sounds best, but 24# ouch!
> I'd probably have to go
> with the autocross wheel as I plan to run track days
> too.
>
> any o-pinions?
>
> thanks,
>
> Steve

>      If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just
> smile. --James Bond
>                       http://westfailure.org

=====
~Neal