16v roc, race wheels?

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Neal Tovsen wrote:

> Why do you need the heavy-duty? These are autocross
> race wheels, right? The heavyweight is for dirt
> trackers. Get the lightweight. Something like 12-14lbs
> instead...
I liked the heavy duty because they were cheaper ;) thats it. the weight
sucks :(

> Most serious (Hoosier-shod) VWs run 13x8, and many
> have gone to 13x9. I know your 16v might require 14",
> but I'd go at least 8" wide.
Well,

It requires 14, i have heard some 13 will fit, but i have a cheap source
of 14" tires, so that works for me.

Does going from a 225 on a 6 inch rim to a 225 on an 8 inch rim help a
lot?

What do you guys think about the diamond wheels not being hub centric, is
that a big problem? (isn't there a company that can take standard VW 14
inch steels & re-shell them?)

thanks,

Steve

     If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile. --James Bond
                      http://westfailure.org