MkI to MkII compatibility

kd5ceu@juno.com wrote:

> I recently came to the realization that I can only rebuild one of my
> sciroccos at this time. My question is, besides the drivetrain what MkII
> parts can be used on a MkI? Thanx.
>
> Danno
> Hockley, TX

Body panels are all different, glass is all the wrong shape, interior
pieces are also a non-starter (dash will fit from 2 to 1 with mods)
Except for the front seats. They are the one thing that comes to mind
that will swap in without modification. The rears _can_ be made to fit
but it's aint easy. I'd just as soon disassemble the two types and swap
the interior components over to the frame.

Now, what works: You can use the external fuel pump, the entire wiring
loom, all motor electricals and devices.

am I helping?
TBerk