I'm fully exhausted.

Well, after sitting all day waiting for my last pipe to arrive via UPS,
it finally came at 4:30 this afternoon.  So, I took to installing my
second TT exhaust system in 3 days!!
I installed the flex pipe (yeah, I know, I'm upgrading to a TT DP sooner
or later, I just wanted to get my damn car on the road), got the cat
hooked up, and the cat was turned with the heat shield towards the
drivers side (40 degrees off horizontal, more or less).  I checked the
flex pipe, and both flanges seemed to be parallel, so I continued.  Got
the resonator pipe on (the resonator is HELLA bigger than the one I put
on the '81 on Friday).  Had to drop the drivers side axle a bit to get
the over-the-axle pipe over the axle, but it worked.  Hooked up the DM
muffler, tightened everything up, and started it up.
Holy cow, does it sound bad ass.  A lot louder than my '81, but I guess
it should be (new cat, bigger resonator, big cam, 1.7 vs. 1.8, etc).  It
has a nice bass note to it when you're in the car.  Anywho, checked for
leaks, didn't see any, so I took to adjusting my shifter (never got to
it after the engine swap).  I had let it warm up, and I saw smoke coming
from under the hood.  Turned out to be spiderwebs burning off the
radiator =o).  Hell, it's been sitting since October 2000!  I was
getting a wierd noise from vicinity of  the water pump, I've never heard
anything like it.  It wasn't a squeal, or a vibration, I can't really
describe it.  I'll be sure and keep an eye on it.  By the time I got all
wrapped up, it was after dark, and since I lent my headlight switch to a
buddy of mine for his Vanagon, I have no lights, so I couldn't drive the
thing!!  I tell ya......
I'm getting my switch back tomorrow.

Thought I'd share!

Nate
'81
'84
Closer all the time to being able to run both cars, at the same time,
for the first time, ever!!!