i think i'm strokin' it- was: how to tell how big yer block is?

so i followed dan's advice (thanks!) and measured a stroke of...94.4mm??
bigger than a stock 2.0l? didn't think that would be the case. did i screw
up this measurement? i don't see how i could have, and i repeated it a
couple of times. at least it seems i'm dealing with something other than a
stock 1.8, and my slowness problems lie elsewhere...
-michael