it satisfys the requirement as stated by my wife...
"I dont want 16Volts in my car"

My problems.
#1 Brakes. one lister has already suggested the booster.
Im trying to avoid this conclusion.. (head buried in the sand)
Current config.
New FAG master clyn. (original size for the 81 bunny)
New VW master clyn O-ring.
16v scirocco 10.1's in the front
81 bunny prop valves
81 bunny rear drums.
Whats new. Master clyn. Driver side rear wheel clyn.

Problem:
I have a sticky brake pedel.
Deceleration braking
under engine deceleration if I depress the brake pedal it will remain at
the depressed location. ie -- a true stick. if i smack on the brake pedal
sharply w. my foot sometimes it will return to the normal position
sometime not.

acceleration braking, unloaded engine, or clutch engaged braking.
I can depress the pedal and it will return slowly.

engine off
the brake pedal returns normally, but has a "soft" spot about 1/2 way thru
the pedal travel.

#2 idle hunt.
This just started this evening after returning to the city.
hunts between 200-1100. only vac hooked up is for the brake booster, vac
resovoir, and distributor.

#3 cold start fubared.
wont idle cold. stalls every time

#4 peels rubber.
:-) not really a problem, but hey. its cool

Brian
motor swap details tomorrow.
2.0L topless bunny -- lipstick red.. and the wifey likes it.

81 body
82 title
87 scirocco 16v front brakes, steering wheel, lower stress bar
85 GTI pulley system, front sway bar
95 2.0L Xflow ABA block freshly rebuilt by cheapass ron.
?? 38mm hydro head 8v
?? wolfsburg seats
82 CIS-lambda
2001 fresh paint Lipstick Red and recover seats.
1969 Driver.
more stuff i cant think of.
88 16v scirocco small stuff. (overhead light)