Gas tank recall

     They were fine with doing the recall on my 87 about a year ago.  The
mechanic did mention that the bolts holding the tank in go to blind nuts, and
they have a tendency to corrode making it almost impossible to remove the tank.
 I don't know what the deal would be if they claimed they couldn't replace the
tank because of a problem with the bolts.  Good luck.

Cheers,
Colin