Yay 3 gauge panel

<snip Dan>
> Anyway, what should I be seeing for oil pressure in an '85 8v? It's a
> 5-bar gauge, and I'm using the sender out of the Audi, and the reading is
> pretty much pegged at 5, drops to 4.5 at idle.  The gauge does indicate
> zero when the engine off and the ignition on.
<end snip>

I've got the same gauge for my '86 16v.  It's hooked up to the dual pole VDO
sender on top of the oil cooler.  I hope you're only seeing those numbers
when the engine is cold.  After it warms up, you should see around .5 bar at
idle and 2 bar at 2k rpm.   If that's not the case, double check the wiring
and the sender/gauge compatibility. If that still checks out, check the oil
pressure with a mechanical gauge.  Too much pressure is *not* a good thing.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II