Yay 3 gauge panel

<snip>
I've got the same gauge for my '86 16v.  It's hooked up to the dual pole VDO
sender on top of the oil cooler.  I hope you're only seeing those numbers
when the engine is cold.  After it warms up, you should see around .5 bar at
idle and 2 bar at 2k rpm.   If that's not the case, double check the wiring
and the sender/gauge compatibility. If that still checks out, check the oil
pressure with a mechanical gauge.  Too much pressure is *not* a good thing.

- Brad
</unsnip>

That's fairly consistent with the readings I get with my setup:

16v
Audi 4000 gauge and sender
gauge plate http://www.driversfound.com
Castrol 10w40 and some prolong retreat

Pegged when cold, around 1.5 @ idle when warmed up. Since I got my idle
fixed and it doesn't stall, the pressure has never dropped below .5

Now, it should be noted that these gauges aren't the most accurate.

Dan
Tam-pa, FL
'87 16v Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Sportruck