[tech] 2.0l 8V Swap

I finally found one.....actually, I swapped with a list member and scored
meself a 2.0l 8V from an Audi 80.  I had to trade for a 2.0l 16V block but I
gots me one.....

So now what do I do with it?  (And no, it's not for sale)

Here are the questions to which I need answered.....

1.  oil pan - the oil pan on the block is dented.  I'm assuming that I can
use the one from the 1.8l.  Is this correct?

2.  knock sensor - do I need to add this?  If so, which distributor and
intermediate shaft do I use?  Is there a site which explains how to do this
knock sensor swap?

3.  breather - what on earth do I do with the breather at the front of the
2.0l block?  Can I just cap it?  If so, with what?

4.  is it safe to shave the head a little wee more?  What's the compression
like with the 2.0l audi block and a solid lifter 1.8 head?  Should I shave
the head????

5.  I'm thinking of replacing the clutch and installing a 16V pressure
plate, 8V clutch and a FK tranny to boot.  Good setup?

6.  I'm also thinking about replacing some of the bottom end seals.  Should
I, and if so, which ones should I replace?

I think that pretty well sums up all that I can think about.   All comments
are appreciated as this is new territory for me.  Any other ideas are also
welcomed......TIA

Sal