FUCK!!!!!!! now its MY turn...AGAIN!!!!!

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, '84 Scirocco wrote:

> I'm sorry people get robbed, but why the fuck do you leave stereos and radar
> detectors in cars for?  If there's nothing in there, its less likely they'll
> pop the window.
Well,

I have no car with a stereo fancier than a two knobbber, you know tape
deck in the middle 2 big black knobs for tuning & volume. 2 out of my 4
cars have no stereo whatsoever.

I left them unlocked 90% of the time, never had a problem UNTIL one of my
neighbors reported my van as "suspicious" even though i have been living
here for 2 years, like they didnt know it.

The police went in and searched without a warrant, my neighbor watched
them & told me but forgot to get car or badge numbers. The police
department has no record of this illegal activity on their part, go
figure. I was in the house sleeping at the time, dumb neighbor didnt come
knock on my door.

So, now I lock my cars to keep the police out. For the record, i break no
laws, do no drugs other than caffeine & nicotine & dont even drink. The
midwest just sucks an egg.

sorry, i'm done ranting now.

take care,

Steve

P.S. i used to be big into alpine boomin sound systems, had probably 2
grand of gear + stolen, gave up on it. Cars are to insecure to put that
much easily removeable and "bling bling" $$ into on a permanent basis.

     If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile. --James Bond
                      http://westfailure.org