eBay Quaife wuz Re: will this fit a scirocco?

On 3/14/02 1:23 PM, "Brian Haygood" <scirious@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Two disturbing things about that auction.
>
> One:  Why do people start bidding at $250, then tell you the reserve price
> is $550?  What's the point?

Well, one thing is that the fees are lower when it starts at $250 vs $550.
So long as the reserve is met, he pays nothing for it. Also, he has a "buy
it now" feature on there, that will stay available so long as the reserve is
not met. Makes big sense actually, tell everyone what the reserve is, scare
them into driving the price up over the reserve early so that the piece
doesn't slip away. Seems to have worked, it's at $500 with 2 days left, not
bad for a used quaiffe.

> Two:  What respectable individual wants to sell a Quaife?  I mean, even if
> he sells his car, doesn't he have three other VW's he can put it in?

Maybe he's gone to O2A or O2J trannies, i.e. G60, VR6, or A4. Wants to
buffer the cost of a _new_ quaiffe a bit.

Anyway, you asked... :-)

Jonas