[[ot] dealerships and how to handle the fsk'her's]

You have to enjoy playing the game, and treat it as a game. =

As for signing papers, credit checks, it may be (hate to say it) because =
of
discrimination (age and sex). Denny and I have never been asked, we're ol=
der
and maybe "established" looking. The last test drive, the guy just copied=

Denny's license (and I'm sure there's info to be had there, I'm not that
naive), and handed us the keys. We then proceeded to pound the tar out of=
 the
poor little Protege 5.(not a bad car for the money, we may end up with on=
e to
replace the PT)  We do the "good cop/bad cop thing too - " no, I don't re=
ally
like the seats.." You could take a friend for that fun game. =

I've been reading, and a new one we're gonna try - phone and ask for the
manager (best if you can time it for a really busy day), then ask "what's=
 the
price on ..." list a bunch of options etc. He'll hand you over to a sales=
 rep
and they may give you the best price since the manager made the referral.=
 And
we always do the "no trade" route, even if we do want to trade, that way =
they
can't hide as much crap. And make out that it's a cash sale, the "lease" =
can
hide a multitude of sins also. But accept that you will always lose an in=
sane
amount of money on a new car purchase, and they have even bigger ripoffs
awaiting in the used car area, profit margins over there can be huge. The=
 less
said the better, they can't get a good read on you that way.
But we're having a blast checking cars out, since we don't really need on=
that badly, just thinking we should ditch the 01 Chrysler before it blows=
 up
again. (and you want to see a whiter shade of pale, you should have seen =
the
blood drain out of the sales guy's face when he "pushed us" into revealin=
what we "might trade if we didn't sell it privately", our trade was worth=
 more
than the new one...)
But have fun eh, sorry to be so long winded, but if they're gonna screw y=
ou,
you may as well enjoy it!