  From: Corey Muscavitz=20
  To: scirocco list=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 10:24 PM
  Subject: how to start a day on the wrong foot...

  well... today has been interesting.  to say the least.  so =
thismorning, i start off to go pick up a friend of mine that works in =
the body shop at the dealership where i work. so i get there, everything =
seems good.  at times i thought that the exhaust was making a little =
more noise than usual, but with a glass pack out the rear, it's kinda =
hard to tell.  so we're off to work, i pull out of his drive way.  first =
to second feels good, then 2-3, SNAP! THUD! TING TING TING! OH SHIT NO =
CLUTCH!  well, we pull over, and i pop the hood.  DAMNIT! the clutch =
cable snapped and the retainers that hold the cable to the acuator lever =
are gone along with the end of hte cable.  called mom, and she and dad =
brought the two trucks to come get us, i felt bad because i had to get =
them out of bed.  so i left the car in the parking spot where we =
stopped, and todd and i are off to work (him) and school for me.  on my =
break i called the nearest VW dealer to see if they had a cable and =
retainers.  they told me that it would be ~$120 and a three week wait.  =
then i called annother that can get one in on thursday, and it's only =
$85 (ONLY!?!)=20
  so now my car is here, thank god for AAA, and my last free tow.  right =
now i'm geting pretty pissed at automobiles in general, being that i =
have to go to school for 10 hours a day, and now all of this shit.  oh =
well, i guess that you can expect stupid shit like this happening at =
85,000 mi. =20
  well, i just thought that i would let you all in on my adventure =
today. welp, it's time for me to get back to me 4.0L unit repair manual =
to try to figure out haw to get a 32V northstar engine that i have all =
apart in school. =20
  hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
  corey
  88 16v (currently disabled)
  82 'green machine'
  91 GMC stepside gas loving saver of the day.  (it's kinda sad huh?)
  ps- is there anything i should know about getting the self adjuster on =
the new cable to adjust right?
  thanks

--Boundary_(ID_v6OEMQmsR39ucM+ROIwIkg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Corey,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Screw the dealers, call potterman, get the non-self
adjusting one for like 20 bucks or so. and im sure he has them in
stock.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Al</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A title=skyrocco16v@prodigy.net href="mailto:skyrocco16v@prodigy.net";>Corey
  Muscavitz</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  href="mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco list</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, March 12, 2002 10:24
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> how to start a day on the wrong
  foot...</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>well... today has been interesting.&nbsp; to say
  the least.&nbsp; so thismorning, i start off to go pick up a friend of mine
  that works in the body shop at the dealership where i work. so i get there,
  everything seems good.&nbsp; at times i thought that the exhaust was making a
  little more noise than usual, but with a glass pack out the rear, it's kinda
  hard to tell.&nbsp; so we're off to work, i pull out of his drive way.&nbsp;
  first to second feels good, then 2-3, SNAP! THUD! TING TING TING! OH SHIT NO
  CLUTCH!&nbsp; well, we pull over, and i pop the hood.&nbsp; DAMNIT! the clutch
  cable snapped and the retainers that hold the cable to the acuator lever are
  gone along with the end of hte cable.&nbsp; called mom, and she and dad
  brought the two trucks to come get us, i felt bad because i had to get them
  out of bed.&nbsp; so i left the car in the parking spot where we stopped, and
  todd and i are off to work (him) and school for me.&nbsp; on my break i called
  the nearest VW dealer to see if they had a cable and retainers.&nbsp; they
  told me that it would be ~$120 and a three week wait.&nbsp; then i called
  annother that can get one in on thursday, and it's only $85 (ONLY!?!)
  </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>so now my car is here, thank god for AAA, and my
  last free tow.&nbsp; right now i'm geting pretty pissed at automobiles in
  general, being that i have to go to school for 10 hours a day, and now all of
  this shit.&nbsp; oh well, i guess that you can expect stupid shit like this
  happening at 85,000 mi.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>well, i just thought that i would let you all in
  on my adventure today. welp, it's time for me to get back to me 4.0L unit
  repair manual to try to figure out haw to get a 32V northstar engine that i
  have all apart in school.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>hopefully tomorrow will be a better
  day.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>corey</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>88 16v (currently disabled)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>82 'green machine'</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>91 GMC stepside gas loving saver of the
  day.&nbsp; (it's kinda sad huh?)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>ps- is there anything i should know about getting
  the self adjuster on the new cable to adjust right?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>thanks</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_v6OEMQmsR39ucM+ROIwIkg)--