how to start a day on the wrong foot...

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C1CA14.9C9435C0

well... today has been interesting.  to say the least.  so thismorning, =
i start off to go pick up a friend of mine that works in the body shop =
at the dealership where i work. so i get there, everything seems good.  =
at times i thought that the exhaust was making a little more noise than =
usual, but with a glass pack out the rear, it's kinda hard to tell.  so =
we're off to work, i pull out of his drive way.  first to second feels =
good, then 2-3, SNAP! THUD! TING TING TING! OH SHIT NO CLUTCH!  well, we =
pull over, and i pop the hood.  DAMNIT! the clutch cable snapped and the =
retainers that hold the cable to the acuator lever are gone along with =
the end of hte cable.  called mom, and she and dad brought the two =
trucks to come get us, i felt bad because i had to get them out of bed.  =
so i left the car in the parking spot where we stopped, and todd and i =
are off to work (him) and school for me.  on my break i called the =
nearest VW dealer to see if they had a cable and retainers.  they told =
me that it would be ~$120 and a three week wait.  then i called annother =
that can get one in on thursday, and it's only $85 (ONLY!?!)=20
so now my car is here, thank god for AAA, and my last free tow.  right =
now i'm geting pretty pissed at automobiles in general, being that i =
have to go to school for 10 hours a day, and now all of this shit.  oh =
well, i guess that you can expect stupid shit like this happening at =
85,000 mi. =20
well, i just thought that i would let you all in on my adventure today. =
welp, it's time for me to get back to me 4.0L unit repair manual to try =
to figure out haw to get a 32V northstar engine that i have all apart in =
school. =20
hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
corey
88 16v (currently disabled)
82 'green machine'
91 GMC stepside gas loving saver of the day.  (it's kinda sad huh?)
ps- is there anything i should know about getting the self adjuster on =
the new cable to adjust right?
thanks

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C1CA14.9C9435C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>well... today has been =
interesting.&nbsp; to say=20
the least.&nbsp; so thismorning, i start off to go pick up a friend of =
mine that=20
works in the body shop at the dealership where i work. so i get there,=20
everything seems good.&nbsp; at times i thought that the exhaust was =
making a=20
little more noise than usual, but with a glass pack out the rear, it's =
kinda=20
hard to tell.&nbsp; so we're off to work, i pull out of his drive =
way.&nbsp;=20
first to second feels good, then 2-3, SNAP! THUD! TING TING TING! OH =
SHIT NO=20
CLUTCH!&nbsp; well, we pull over, and i pop the hood.&nbsp; DAMNIT! the =
clutch=20
cable snapped and the retainers that hold the cable to the acuator lever =
are=20
gone along with the end of hte cable.&nbsp; called mom, and she and dad =
brought=20
the two trucks to come get us, i felt bad because i had to get them out =
of=20
bed.&nbsp; so i left the car in the parking spot where we stopped, and =
todd and=20
i are off to work (him) and school for me.&nbsp; on my break i called =
the=20
nearest VW dealer to see if they had a cable and retainers.&nbsp; they =
told me=20
that it would be ~$120 and a three week wait.&nbsp; then i called =
annother that=20
can get one in on thursday, and it's only $85 (ONLY!?!) </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>so now my car is here, thank god for =
AAA, and my=20
last free tow.&nbsp; right now i'm geting pretty pissed at automobiles =
in=20
general, being that i have to go to school for 10 hours a day, and now =
all of=20
this shit.&nbsp; oh well, i guess that you can expect stupid shit like =
this=20
happening at 85,000 mi.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>well, i just thought that i would let =
you all in on=20
my adventure today. welp, it's time for me to get back to me 4.0L unit =
repair=20
manual to try to figure out haw to get a 32V northstar engine that i =
have all=20
apart in school.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hopefully tomorrow will be a better=20
day.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>corey</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>88 16v (currently =
disabled)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>82 'green machine'</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>91 GMC stepside gas loving saver of the =
day.&nbsp;=20
(it's kinda sad huh?)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ps- is there anything i should know =
about getting=20
the self adjuster on the new cable to adjust right?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C1CA14.9C9435C0--