Audi 2.oL 3a and 2.oL aba seeking lower compression!!

Well, the ABA rod is 159mm center to center and the 3A rod is 144mm so
all the ABA rod will accomplish is sticking the top of the piston 15mm
out the top of the block.
16V pistons don't have the dish in the center and will raise your
compression somewhere in the 13-14:1 range. Not what you're looking for.
The best way is to have the dish in the center of your current piston
machined out to a bigger volume. This has been done before and will get
compression down into the 9.2:1 range although I don't know the details.
You could also get one of the thicker head gaskets out there, but you
loose the squish area, cheap, but not as effective a solution.
Dan