brakes

you have multiple choices.
#1 9.4 vented. a straight upgrade.
#2 10.1 16v brakes a semi straight upgrade.
you will need bigger rims. you 13's (factory) wont clear them. and the
brake pedal will be mushy at the top. unless you replumb the brakelines
and put a 16v master clyn in.
with the stock master clyn and stock prop valves you will be able to lock
the front brakes relatively easily.

#3 11.1? G60 brakes. <-- i dont know squat.

#4 leave the rear drums on. no need for other prop valves. and the parking
brake is easy to fix.

#5 buy a set of rear disk brakes from brian's bargin barn and help finance
al's twin project. $75.00 + shipping. that includes the prop valves, axle
stubs and other stuff. No rear axle unless you come pick it up in Albany
NY. at jewels house. no garuntees on the p-brake working. i suggest youget
"new" rebuilt calipers at the local autoparts store and keep cycling them
until you get a pair that the p-brake actually works. Try NAPA. I always
have got the correct part there the FIRST time. unlike other places that
require multiple trips to get the right part.
if you go this way ie. full 16v brakes. get the 16v master clyn and
replumb the master clyn and get the big booster. (the bargain barn has
already included those last two items in with the twin project.)

brian
http://216.153.141.3/brian/ -- crazy brian's bargain barn
81 2.0L Topless Bunny, Lipstick Red -- some ppl are gonna get EBAB'd -
(embarassed by a bunny)
and maybe if my wife learns where the throttle is.
embarrased by a babe's bunny.
EBABB