[stupid Germans ..... was : RE: For the D&D crew]

Okay, this is waaaaay off the topic of Sciroccos. However, it strikes such a
raw nerve that I feel compelled to comment. To me, the rebel flag is just
another reminder about the United States' tainted history and the
contradiction of our core national values. It symbolizes the Southern
gentry's struggle for autonomy and "freedom" to perpetuate a social system
that was dependent on the dehuminization of blacks and the wholesale
disenfranchisment of poor southern whites.

It might be Saint Andrew's cross to some, the proud banner of the
Confederacy to others, but when I see that flag... I instantly consider the
masses that would have me laboring on a hot cotton plantation, barefoot,
illiterate, and subservient, and groveling at the feet of some whip-cracking
master who was supposedly preordained to own my monkey ass.

I recall the KKK bastards who burned crosses on my grandmother's lawn while
I, a nine-year old, watched terrified from the kitchen window. They waved
and saluted that rebel flag as if it was channeling the power of some angry
god unknown to the likes of me and my kind.

And when I say "my kind" I mean any peoples of the world that want to live
together in harmony and peace rather than fear and discord. There's my two
cents, folks. Spread the word around, Dirk.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!