[RE: check out this rocco on eBay pls [Jason's RANT]]

>From: 16V Jason <jason@scirocco.org>
  All of you laugh your asses off when someone wants
>$4,000 for
>their Scirocco (or one sells for $2500 on e-bay), but the second somethi=
ng
>happens to your car, you want your car to be valued at $8,000!

There IS an accepted double standard though, according to the guy who
appraised mine, a car that has had (for the sake of round numbers) $15 00=
0 put
into it is really worth maybe $10 000 and could only expect to sell for $=
8500.
So the buyer gets the bargain. And the seller sees it that he / she put $=
15
000 into it, and that's what he/she feels it should sell for.  But that's=
 not
reality. That goes for any car, not just ours, and there are some that ar=
e not
worth restoring/ modifying at all, so in that regard, we at least have
something decent to work with. =

My .02, which cost me .03 to fix up, and is only really worth .0185 or so=
, on
a good day!